Costa Rica is a destination that is considered to be less expensive than many other destinations for a vacation. The captivating beaches, wildlife, alluring rainforests influence millions of tourist to visit Costa annually. In Costa, males and females are referred with different names. The males refer to themselves as Ticos and the females Ticas. It proudly hosts more than 5% of the world’s biodiversity. It features species of freshwater fish, amphibians, mammals, reptiles, birds, butterflies, orchids, plants and insects. It is essentially a paradise—a land with nature, possibilities of adventure, scenic beauty, and biodiversity.
Costa Rica is a country located in the Southern end of Central America. It is bordered by Nicaragua in the North and Panama in the south, with its coastlines on the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
Must Visit Places of Costa Rica
The Capital city of Costa Rica, San Jose is a major tourist attraction and depicts the Costa Rican culture in the most vivacious manner. Pre-Columbian Gold Museum which has collections of native gold, The Museum of Costa Rican Art which has collections of pictorial art, the small town of La Fortuna with active volcanoes and hot springs to relax are some of the most appealing loci of the capital. The National Parks of San Jose is a home to around 800 species of birds, so bird watching activity can prove to be quite intriguing. La Fortuna is a part of the Costa Rican Northern Plains, renowned for their lagoons, lakes, adventure sports like rafting, thermal waters for relaxing etc.
Just 2 hours away from the capital is Guanacaste in North Costa Rica. Beaches and tropical forests are must visit areas of the province. Monteverde, a town in the province, has a cloud forest reserve with skywalks amongst the tall trees.
The South Pacific Coast is sunny and comforting. Some attractions of the area include the Marino Ballena National Park where one can see dolphins and whales and be a part of nature walks, the Uvita and the Dominical Beaches where one can enjoy the marine life and do surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, turtle watching etc.
How is Costa Rica a Unique Travel Destination?
According to National Geographic, the country is ‘Richest Space, Biologically Speaking’. But besides its intriguing biodiversity, flora and fauna, natural elements, wildlife, beauty, adventure prospects etc. the country is unique because of its eco-friendly and sustainable practices employed to keep up the tourism industry of the country.
- The Costa Rican Hotels are essentially involved in ‘making their own electricity’.
- The hotels have devised cost-effective methods which automatically cut-off the supply of electricity to the room when the guest is not in it.
- Solar energy operated water heaters and cooking appliances save almost half the energy that was consumed in the past.
- All the hotel wastes are segregated as biodegradable or non-biodegradable and recycled
- Biodegradable wastes are utilized to generate biogas, another renewable source of energy which is utilized for cooking and supply of electricity
- Wind energy and Geothermal energy are other renewable sources of energy which are utilized for generation of electricity
It is quite evident that the country is committed towards protection of environment and sustainability. This commitment combined with the abundance of resources in the country is why Costa Rica is aiming for Carbon Neutrality by 2021!
For more updates, visit Flightsbank.com