The vacation gets simply amazing when you get a chance to travel with your furry friend. Flying with your pet to a destination was never an easy task but yes things have upgraded comparatively. Leaving the pet behind alone is just not the right way and if your pet is a part of the family, you gotta do some efforts for that little munchkin. Though the size of your pet matters that doesn’t make it an impossible thing for it to get a chance to travel by air. So if you have any plans for next vacation and you want your furry mate to be there too, this blog will just ease out your stress. Read on and get to know all about the things to keep in mind when flying with a dog. Also, see what all extra efforts are required by you to make sure the pet stays safe and comfortable up there.
1. Different airlines have different and unique rules and regulations to allow a pet to travel even when they’ll stay in the cabin. Check carefully the guidelines and policies of the airlines you are planning to book. Make sure you know every policy about the airline to avoid any problems in the future. If you have a slight doubt to any of the norms, contact the customer care and get it sorted.
2. Before planning comes preparing. Make sure your pet is used to his kennel and can stay in it for some time. The nails are properly cut to keep them from getting hooked with the carrier doors or cabins. Also, do not feed your pet 4-6 hours prior to the flight.
3. Expect and prepare yourself to pay expenses for your pet as well. The standard fees start from $75 and clearly depends on different airlines, their policies and majorly the size of your dog. The bigger the dog, the higher will be the fees.
4. If possible, choose a direct flight to your destination. Non-stop flights are easy for flying with a Dog and safe as well. Longer travel times and switching to the connecting flights can be really difficult for them, especially when they are in the cargo.
5. Before planning, make sure you consult your vet as to whether your pet is fit for air travel or not. Consulting the vet on this is one essential thing and no matter what, make sure you do not skip on this part. A certificate of veterinary inspection to travel by air might be needed by the airlines that show you are flying with a dog and the pet is fit for travel.
Recommended Reads: Best 5 Pet-Friendly Destinations To Travel With Your Furry Friend
6. Do not change your pet’s food prior to the flight. Follow the same diet and routine as on a regular basis. Before the flight, you can make your furry friend exercise a bit and a walk around can also be a great idea altogether.
7. Your destination also plays one crucial role. Check beforehand that the hotel, restaurants and the destinations are pet-friendly. This would allow you to have a hassle-free vacation Look out for pet-friendly locations and things you can do with your pet. Isn’t it exciting enough?
8. A proper, comfortable and reliable crate or a carrier to carry your pet is a must. New carriers have made it easy for your furry friend as back then big plastic bags were used for the pets. The newly designed crates now come with backstraps and wheels, making it super easy and convenient to board the flight.
Fly with Flightsbank and Get cheap flights now.